Chocolate-Cherry Dump Cake — If you’re looking for a carefree summer dessert that will please a crowd, then look no further. This recipe takes only minutes to assemble and serves more than a dozen people, making it ideal for your Memorial Day gathering, Fourth of July bash or weekend pool party. Rich chocolate cake and tart cherry pie filling is a crowd-pleasing combo on its own, but is even better when topped with whipped cream or served with scoops of ice cream on sweltering summer days.
- cooking spray
- (2) 21 oz. cans cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- (1) 15.25 oz. box devil’s food cake mix
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving
- mini chocolate chips for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Spread one can of pie filling in the bottom of the dish, then scatter semisweet chocolate chips over top. Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the filling and chips, then add a layer of walnuts.
- Cut the butter into pieces and place in a heat-proof bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals until the butter is liquid, then drizzle evenly over the ingredients in the baking dish (a measuring cup with pour spout works best for this).
- Visit Chocolate-Cherry Dump Cake for full instructions