I have a great, easy and delicious new recipe to share with you!
One of my favorite things to do in my limited free time is to search food blogs and food websites. I kept seeing recipes similar to the one I’m going to share but I didn’t like half of the ingredients, and the ones I did like, Chris didn’t. So here’s my version of Chicken Roll Ups!
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8oz)
- 1 pkg crescent rolls (6 ct) (note, you can also use TWO packages of regular sized crescents)
- 2 shredded, cooked chicken breasts
- 1.5 C grated chedder cheese
- 1 C grated Monterey Jack
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- bread crumbs
- 1/4 stick melted butter
- First, I boiled 2 chicken breasts. I just pulled them straight out of the freezer and threw them in warm water, and let it boil for about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, I let a block of cream cheese thaw out. Hey, I never promised it was an overly healthy recipe.
I mixed the cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of cheddar and 1 cup of Monterey jack and some salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken was cooked, Chris shredded it for me with his hands of steel, and we mixed it into the cheese mixture.
- Then I put the mixture on big, buttery, flakey crescent rolls.
- And rolled them up. Oh, and then brushed them with melted butter and topped them with bread crumbs. I guess you could skip the butter part, but you only live once.
- Finally, bake them at 350 for 20-25 minutes!