Chicken Burgers with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato are one of my favorite healthy recipes to throw on the grill. I’m living for these Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Burger Recipe. Make theseGround Chicken Burgers by grilling on the stovetop or outdoors once the weather cooperates for the ultimate good for you comfort food. The Mediterranean flavor combo on these sandwiches is out of this world, especially when topped with an easy pesto mayo. These burgers are the kind of meal that kids to adults will love and that you can feel good about. Win Win!
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey *See note
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained with oil reserved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¾ teaspoon kosher
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 pretzel buns insides lightly toasted
FOR THE BASIL MAYONNAISE:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Spinach or Lettuce leaves
- Sliced fresh tomatoes
- Red onion slices
- Avocado slices
In a large mixing bowl, mix ground chicken, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Mix gently until ingredients are just combined. Divide into 4 equal portions and pat each portion into a 1-inch burger.
Heat skillet over medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons reserved packing oil from the tomatoes. Heat the oil until it sheens and set the burgers in the skillet. Cook until lightly seared on first side, 4 minutes. Flip the burgers and continue cooking until opposite side has a nice light sear, an additional 3-4 minutes. Flip the burgers over (again) and partially cover the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the burgers are cooked through and register 160°F when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Visit Chicken Burgers with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato for full instructions
NUTRITION FACTS. CALORIES: 376KCAL | CARBOHYDRATES: 7G | PROTEIN: 24G | FAT: 28G | SATURATED FAT: 7G | CHOLESTEROL: 120MG | SODIUM: 903MG | POTASSIUM: 906MG | FIBER: 1G | SUGAR: 4G | VITAMIN A: 8.6% | VITAMIN C: 4.4% | CALCIUM: 11.1% | IRON: 11.7%