Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry – the perfect easy dish when that Chinese takeout restaurant craving hits! Best of all, made with juicy chicken, tender broccoli & carrots – coated with a rich and savory Asian-inspired sauce. A healthy stir fry recipe that’s simple to customize & ready in under 30 minutes.
FOR THE STIR FRY
- 1-1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- 3-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced or grated carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or minced fresh ginger
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons oyster sauce leave out & add fish sauce for keto
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce use GF tamari as needed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or leave out for low carb
- 1/2 teaspoon Mirin Chinese cooking wine or Dry Sherry (omit for paleo & keto version)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup cold water plus more as needed to thin out sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken with salt, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to heat and add additional oil as needed. Stir in broccoli, carrots, garlic, and ginger. Cook until tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- While the broccoli is cooking, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Once the vegetables are tender, add the chicken along with sauce into the pan.
- Visit Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry for full instructions
Nutrition Facts. Amount Per Serving (1 serving) : Calories 327 | Calories from Fat 144 | Total Fat 16g | Saturated Fat 3g | Cholesterol 89mg | Sodium 453mg | Potassium 832mg | Total Carbohydrates 11g | Dietary Fiber 2g | Sugars 3g | Protein 34g | Vitamin A 63.4% | Vitamin C 87.8% | Calcium 5.3% | Iron 8%