Crispy on the outside, perfectly chewy on the inside and HEALTHY, these Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies are sure to be a holiday favorite! Go ahead, eat more than one!
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter (I like Trader Joe’s Raw Almond Butter)
- 1/2 cup organic molasses (regular, not blackstrap)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Dipping Chocolate, optional:
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- Peppermint Sprinkles
- 1-2 vegan candy canes (crushed)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour (*see note 1), cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, molasses and maple syrup until well combined and smooth. (**See note 2)
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until well combined. The dough will be sticky – this is how you want it.
Drop about 1 tbsp of dough onto the cookie sheet. I used two spoons – one to scoop the dough and the other to help get it off the first spoon onto the baking sheet. (***see note #3). Repeat with the remaining dough, placing the dough about 2 inches apart.
- Visit Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies for full instructions