This Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole is a very simple to put together yet it boasts big flavor! I’ve added in green pepper but this recipe is easy to modify based on what’s in your fridge (and your own personal preferences). Any type of peppers, chopped zucchini or sliced mushrooms would be amazing in this casserole. There is nothing fancy in this recipe but it just tastes like .. home. 🙂 Good ol’ comfort food!
- 1 pound of dry macaroni noodles or similar
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes 28 oz
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided
Preheat oven to 375.
Cook noodles for 3/4 of time according to package. (My noodles said 9 minutes so I cooked them for 6). Drain and rinse under cold water.
Meanwhile, brown beef, garlic & onion in a frying pan. Drain.
- Visit Cheesy Beef & Macaroni Casserole for full instructions
NUTRITION INFORMATION. Calories: 537 | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 516mg | Carbohydrates: 48g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 30g | Vitamin A: 16% | Vitamin C: 25.5% | Calcium: 37.7% | Iron: 15.4%