These baked spaghetti squash bowls stuffed with a creamy garlic and 4-cheese sauce are extremely delicious and super easy to make! If you’re looking for a comforting way to enjoy veggies, you’ve just found the perfect dinner. Plus, you won’t need to do the dishes!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled (a good alternative to salt that gives a fuller body to the filling)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of Four-Cheese Italian White Cheese Blend (Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, Asiago)
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh ground pepper (buy whole peppercorns, the flavor is 300% better when you crack them straight from the pepper mill at the last minute)
- Parsley or chives or green onions, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400°F(200°C). Grab your spaghetti squash firmly and chop off the tip and tail. Cut in half length-wise and scoop out the innards and seeds. Place both halves on a baking sheet, maintained by a small foil ring to ensure stability. Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper over each half.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine minced garlic, heavy cream with 1/2 cup water, crumbled bouillon cube, chives, and fresh thyme. Mix well.
- 3. Sprinkle a first layer of grated cheese in the cavities of each squash halves. Divide the cream mixture on top of cheese in each halves, then top with additional cheese.
- 4. Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the flesh of the spaghetti squash is very tender when poked with a fork. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Note: You can cut baking time by half if you’re in a hurry. Put raw spaghetti squash halves face down in a shallow dish with a bit of water. Then microwave for 8 minutes (less or more, depending on the size of the squash). The flesh will be almost cooked through. Proceed with the remaining steps and bake for only 20-25 minutes in the oven.