Cheese Baked Stuffed Chicken Breast — An epic baked stuffed chicken breast! Stained in delicious Italian flavors, then stuffed with dried tomatoes, spinach and cheese, these chicken breasts are rich and flow with flavor. It only takes five minutes to prepare this without the required marinating time.
This recipe is so easy and versatile that you do not even need a recipe for it. The possibilities of variation are not limited if the correct ingredients are not requested and I have given you some ideas. So you can do this tonight with what you have!
- 6oz/180g small chicken breasts (2 pieces), boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato (oil packed. Use enough to cover the chicken, cut into strips)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese of choice)
- leaves Handful of spinach
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar, any
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp EACH Italian mixed herbs and red pepper flakes (Note 1)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
Whisk together the Italian Dressing ingredients in a bowl. It will be thicker than salad dressing.
Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way though.
Coat the chicken (inside and out) with the Italian Dressing.
Place chicken on work surface. Stuff with sun dried tomato, top with cheese then finish with spinach leaves. Just stuff in as much as you can.
Seal with toothpicks (just stick them in on the diagonal – see photo in post).
- Visit www.recipetineats.com for full instructions
Nutrition Facts. Serving: 194g | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.3g (3%) | Protein: 45.9g (92%) | Fat: 22.2g (34%) | Saturated Fat: 6.8g (34%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 15.4g | Cholesterol: 104mg (35%) | Sodium: 791mg (33%) | Fiber: 2.2g (9%) | Sugar: 5.2g