Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 25-30 Minutes
Yield: Makes 24 Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- 2 Cups Grated Cauliflower (washed, dried and grated using a food processor or cheese grater by hand until rice-like or thinner – Note – Approximately one head of cauliflower)
- 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (drained)
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 F.
- Using a healthy cooking oil spray your mini muffin tin.
- In a hot frying pan stir fry the “cauliflower rice” until the cauliflower is slightly translucent (about 6-8 minutes). Place in a bowl and let cool.
- Place all other ingredients the food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl combine both the “cauliflower rice” and blended ingredients. Mix completely.
- Evenly spoon mixture into your muffin tin molds. Press pizza dough down evenly and firmly (*The pressing down firmly is very important to make sure these stick together).
- Place in your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pizza bites from the oven and let set until cool (This is also very important – let these pizza bites set in their pan for 5 – 10 minutes before removing – If you take them out while they are too hot they will break).
- Once cool remove from muffin tin (either by tipping them out OR by running a thin knife down along the side and popping them out).
- Use organic, natural pizza or pasta sauce for dipping (or make your own sauce- Simple Marinara Sauce link).