Cabbage, Apple & Pomegranate Salad with Ginger-Almond Dressing. This salad uses all the seasonal ingredients – cabbage, apple and pomegranate – and the rich ginger hazelnut vinaigrette warms up naturally.
Are not these pomegranate seeds beautiful ?! I have had grenades several times, but every time I open one, I can not help wondering how great they are. Those sparkling, jewel-like seeds clustered together….perfection in nature!
- 1/2 Medium-sized head of green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 Red Onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Eating Apple, thinly sliced (tossed in juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/3-1/2 C Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter (mine is unsalted, if you’re is salted you may like to decrease or omit salt listed)
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1/4 C Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
- Combine cabbage, onion and apple in a large bowl. Tossing the apple in lemon prevents browning and adds a touch of tang to the salad.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together until smooth. If using only almond butter than you can whisk this together by hand.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well. I used all of it but, depending on the size of your cabbage, you may not need it all.
- Remove to a serving dish, top with a few grinds of black pepper and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.