One of the reasons I call it the best vegan tacos recipe is flexibility. You are not bound to one or two ingredients that might not please you.
These simple vegan tacos are better than their counterparts loaded with meat.
- 1 cauliflower head chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 12 tortillas
- 1/4 cup pickled red cabbage (optional)
For Mango salsa:
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- a small bunch of cilantro/mint finely chopped
- 1/2 lime more if needed (to taste)
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F / 180C and place the cauliflower on one large baking sheet.
- Add oil, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt, and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add all salsa ingredients. Mix well to combine, then set aside.
- Warm up tortillas in the oven directly on the hot oven racks until pliable.
- Add a generous portion of cauliflower into each tortilla and top it with mango salsa.
- Garnish with pickled red cabbage and lime wedges.