Balsamic Chicken With Asparagus And Mushrooms — Spring is the time of asparagus and this healthy and light meal is a great way to savor these delicious green stalks. Sweet and sparkling balsamic vinegar is the basis of a low-sodium aromatic marinade for lean chicken breasts and earthy mushrooms. By cooking over high heat, the chicken cooks quickly and keeps it soft and tender. At the end of cooking, asparagus is added so that the bright green beauties retain their complex taste and biting texture.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 4 small or 2 large
- 1 lb crimini or baby bella mushrooms (white button mushrooms may be substituted)
- 1 lb asparagus, medium thickness
- Optional: ground pepper
- Create the marinade by combining the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, basil and garlic in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Clean chicken breasts of any fat and place in a large zip-top bag or bowl. Pour marinade over the chicken, making sure to coat it. Seal bag or cover bowl and set aside while other ingredients are prepared.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly coat with olive oil.
- Clean mushrooms by brushing off any visible dirt. Cut large mushrooms in half so pieces are uniform in size. Prepare asparagus by cutting off woody stems.
- Visit Balsamic Chicken With Asparagus And Mushrooms for full instructions