This Baked Oatmeal Treat Recipe by Lemon Tree Dwelling is a hearty and delicious, filled with oats recipe. Perfect for breakfast or everyday snacks!
It’s based on one of my favorite cookies from childhood – Trailside Oatmeal Treats! Have you had them? They’re hearty and delicious, filled with oats and peanut butter and chocolate chips and raisins. Kind of like a granola bar, in cookie form. And now, in baked oatmeal form!
- 3 c. old fashioned oats
- 1½ c. brown sugar
- 5½ c. milk
- ½ c. peanut butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- In a large pot, combine oats, milk, brown sugar, peanut butter, and eggs.
- Mix well and simmer over medium heat, stirring regularly, 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Once mixture is thick, stir in raisins.
- Pour into greased 9×13 inch pan and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until oatmeal is set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve warm; top with milk or additional brown sugar if desired.