Give it up my sweet friend!
You cannot resist the temptation of Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread!!!
Once you start smelling that succulent apple fritter bread filling the house with that intoxicating, irresistible aroma while it’s baking. . .it’s pretty much over.
You really never did had a chance. . . not even for a second…or two! Come to Mama.
Fluffy, buttery, white cake loaf loaded with chunks of apples and layers of brown sugar
and cinnamon swirled inside and on top. Simply Irresistible!
Author: Kim Lange
- Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bread Loaf
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 apples any kind, peeled and chopped , mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and
spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and
stir until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Next time I think I would add in walnuts. You can always use other fruit, or you could add in chocolate chips too!
Substitutions: I’ve also substituted this with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup milk and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
instead of 1/2 cup milk as called out in the bread loaf ingredients.
Baking options: Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe, 15-20 minutes for muffins or 50 -60 minutes for one full loaf
recipe or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.