4. Turkey Meatball Tomato Risotto Soup
- 450g of turkey mince, from the breast
- 1 red pepper, large
- 1 white onion, large
- 4 tbsp of curly parsley
- 200g of risotto rice
- 400g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1.5l boiling water
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tomatoes
- 30g of Parmesan, grated
- Divide the turkey mince into 15 even pieces and then roll into balls.
- Add some olive oil to a large pan and once hot, add the turkey meatballs and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning frequently so they don’t burn. Remove them from the pan and put to one side.
- Dice the red pepper and onion and add to the pan with a little more oil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, tinned tomatoes and the diced tomatoes. Pour in 3/4 of the boiling water, the paprika, chopped parsley and seasoning and stir well. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and add the remaining boiling water and the turkey meatballs. Cook for 5 more minutes – you may need to add a little more water if it becomes too dry.
- Divide between bowls, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with vegetables of your choice or some crusty bread.